Zesty turmeric and ginger highlight roasted dandelion and chicory roots with stimulating bitters, sweetened by licorice root.
Need to shift your health meter towards optimal? This potent brew can do it! With the bitterness of dandelion and chicory roots sweetened with nature’s naturally sweet licorice root and accented by the pungency from both turmeric and ginger, you’re going to sip this brew and be pleasantly surprised at its delicious flavor. In fact, many people confess they were sure they wouldn’t like it because they've tasted other turmeric drinks that weren't to their liking. Then to their delight, they found themselves loving it on first sip!
I highly recommend a bit of milk or non-dairy alternative with this brew. Not that some people won't want to drink it black, but I think the milk brings it closer to a chai-type beverage. Good news is, you won't need a sweetener with licorice bringing enough sweetness without any calories!
Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic chicory, organic dandelion root, organic turmeric, organic licorice root, organic ginger, natural coffee flavour. May contain trace amounts of almonds.
Health benefits abound in these herbs. Just to start, you’re drinking a rich infusion of roasted chicory and dandelion roots. They happen to be nature’s highest sources of inulin, the prebiotic soluble fiber that feeds your probiotics, those billions of gut inhabitants that are responsible for creating vitamins, immune metabolites, and healthy digestion and elimination. They do everything from reducing inflammation to influence your food cravings. Feed them and you shall thrive!
Probably though, it is turmeric that has drawn you to this particular tea. Talk about reducing inflammation, the science on turmeric is definitive on this subject. Ginger also has been shown to have lots of anti-inflammatory action so this dual team is a knock-out. Then there are studies showing both turmeric and dandelion protect your cells’ DNA from free radicals and nasty toxins. Ongoing studies are examining the effects of turmeric on brain health so stay tuned but drink up while you’re waiting for more good news revealing turmeric’s health wonders!
- Certified gluten free and 100% barley free
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residue
- Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
- Antioxidants from carob, dandelion roots, turmeric, ginger and licorice
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients, not stimulants
- Heart-healthy potassium, an electrolyte mineral that restores hydration
- inulin - a prebiotic soluble fiber that feeds your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory and dandelion roots during brewing.