Teeccino is made from a number of different ingredients, each of which is individually ground, roasted and then blended. Unlike coffee beans, which are ground to a specific size for each type of brewing method, herbal coffee is a composite grind that works in all types of coffee brewing equipment including drip coffee makers, plungers, percolators and espresso machines. The following tips will help you brew a delicious cup of herbal coffee:
Drip Coffee MakersDrip coffee makers allow you to brew Teeccino to the strength you prefer. You can even blend Teeccino with regular coffee and make "half caf" or "quarter caf" depending on your need.
Add the following measurements into a drip filter, either paper or permanent.
- Strong brews: Add 1 rounded tablespoon of Teeccino for every 2 cups of water to a permanent gold or paper filter. Add a cup for the “pot” too.
- Medium brews: Add 1 level tablespoon of Teeccino for every 2 cups of water.
- Light brews: Add 1 rounded teaspoon of Teeccino for every 2 cups water.
Start your drip brewer and shortly you will be able to enjoy a steaming cup of Teeccino!
If you have any brewed Teeccino left over in the pot, refrigerate and reheat later or drink iced.
- Put 1 rounded tablespoon of Teeccino into the One-Cup Brewer against the gold filter.
- Place the One-Cup brewer’s inner chamber (with the multiple holes) inside the outer chamber.
- Place the One-Cup brewer on top of a 300ml mug.
- Fill the green chamber with boiling water to the top.
- Allow the water to drip through into the cup.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons to "3-cup" plunger, 3-4 tablespoons to "8-cup" plunger, 5-6 tablespoons to "12-cup" plunger.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Let steep for 5 minutes before pressing the plunger down.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Fill bucket to just below the fill line. Don’t overfill as Teeccino swells during brewing
- Tamp firmly.
- Brew approximately 60ml into cup, or with automatic machine single or double shot. You can normally get two cups from a single bucket.
- For larger cups, brew twice through the same grounds. A stronger extraction will come through the second pass-through after the Teeccino grounds have swelled slightly.
- Follow the normal directions for making a cappuccino or latte with steamed milk or non-dairy milk.
- Fill bottom chamber up to the fill line with cold, filtered water. Maximum fill has to be below the rivet so water doesn’t go into the filter basket.
- Put two scoops of Teeccino into the filter basket and tamp with the back of the scoop to flatten the grounds.
- Screw the top and bottom chambers together tightly using your hands on both upper and bottom chambers. A tight seal is necessary so the water won’t escape between the two chambers during brewing.
- Flip the switch on.
- When you hear the Moka pot begin to hiss, it will turn itself off.
- Divide the liquid between two 300-360ml mugs or latte cups.
Method One: Chilled Teeccino
- Refrigerate brewed Teeccino. (Teeccino will last up to a week in the refrigerator without losing flavour!)
- Pour over ice and add cold milk or non-dairy milk.
- Sweeten to taste. If using honey, sweeten when hot.
Method Two: Fresh Brewed Teeccino
- Brew Teeccino using 2 tablespoons to 2 cups water in a drip coffee maker or with 300ml water.
- Fill a 480ml glass 2/3rd full with ice.
- Add 1/4 cup cold milk, or more, depending on taste.
- Pour brewed Teeccino over the ice and milk.
- Sweeten as desired.